Celebrity News

Letitia Wright Calls Out Outlet Who Grouped Her With Abusive Men

Letitia Wright took to her Instagram to call out media outlet The Hollywood Reporter over a cross comparison of her stance on being vaccinated back in the pandemic and Brad Pitt who has been accused of domestic abuse and Will Smith’s Oscar’s slap. The article has compared her with other actors who have been involved in controversial incidents such as Gary Oldman, Mel Gibson, Woody Allen, Roman Polanski, Casey Affleck, and Nate Parker that may have interfered with them receiving an Oscar.

Taking to her Instagram Wednesday, she shares to her stories of how the outlet told her team that they will not take her name out of the article nor will they apologize to her.

“They sent word to my team that Scott nor the publication will not apologise to me or take my name out of the article Scott Feinberg wrote.”

She has also made note of how triggering the situation has been as she has experienced abuse and is currently in therapy.

“as someone who is currently in therapy to overcome my own experience of sexual abuse. This is not okay. It is incredibly triggering and alarming that @hollywoodreporter, @scott_feinberg & all at this publication have made it clear to myself & my team that they will not apologise or take my name out of this dangerous and disgusting article. To compare me to these cases of abuse and sexual misconduct is extremely alarming. It’s been two years & I’ve apologised two years ago, I’ve endured enough, especially from this publication and others. Editor in chief, why haven’t you fixed this?” she further wrote.

Previously on Monday, the star spoke of the situation where she says she had to unblock the outlet to address the situation at hand.

“I had to unblock @TheHollywoodReporter just to post this. Scott Feinberg and all at this publication. You’re incredibly disrespectful. How dare you. You mentioned my name alongside men who have been accused of abuse and & sexual misconduct.” she wrote.

“This is vile behavior. At this point a personal vendetta towards me. I’ve done nothing wrong but respectfully refused to do interviews with this publication. Stop your nonsense. I apologised TWO years ago. Remained silent on the topic. You lied and said I continued talking about it with my cast & crew on my set. THIS WAS NOT TRUE. ASK MY PRODUCER AND DIRECTOR. The film was successful. Your agenda towards me is now even more clear. I won’t remain silent. Stop your disgusting behavior.”

As of now, neither party has spoken any further on the situation.

Follow Us
Previous ArticleNext Article
Send this to a friend